Spark Mini Amp!

Discussions by amplifier type.
slowhand84
Reactions:

Positive Grid recently announced a mini version of their super popular Spark amp...just ordered one to use when traveling, as a bluetooth speaker, etc. This thing fits in the palm of your hand and uses the same software as the regular Spark amp that for me has become an absolutely invaluable practice and recording tool.

All the demos sound fantastic, really excited for this one and at $189 it's a pretty killer price for all those amazing features with such a tiny footprint.

BatUtilityBelt
Reactions:

If it sounds good, it's a big win. I got the original Spark partly to support travel, and it does that well. The smaller one would do it better, of course, and the rechargeable battery sounds like a great improvement.
slowhand84
Reactions:

BatUtilityBelt wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 2:20 pm If it sounds good, it's a big win. I got the original Spark partly to support travel, and it does that well. The smaller one would do it better, of course, and the rechargeable battery sounds like a great improvement.
For sure. I think this'll sound almost as good (if not just as good) as the regular Spark amp, since the software is a big component of it and they still kept the two speaker setup, albeit smaller ones. My misses got me the Spark as a gift after seeing my interest in it and I thought it'd be something I use every now and then, but it's become a go-to couch amp and I use it pretty much daily.
BatUtilityBelt
Reactions:

slowhand84 wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 2:54 pm For sure. I think this'll sound almost as good (if not just as good) as the regular Spark amp, since the software is a big component of it and they still kept the two speaker setup, albeit smaller ones. My misses got me the Spark as a gift after seeing my interest in it and I thought it'd be something I use every now and then, but it's become a go-to couch amp and I use it pretty much daily.
Absolutely. My Spark also doubles as a living room amp. It's just too easy to dial in what you want and sound like you want it to. My tube amps only get used for longer sessions and deeper tone searches (project work) these days.
slowhand84
Reactions:

BatUtilityBelt wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 4:12 pm
slowhand84 wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 2:54 pm For sure. I think this'll sound almost as good (if not just as good) as the regular Spark amp, since the software is a big component of it and they still kept the two speaker setup, albeit smaller ones. My misses got me the Spark as a gift after seeing my interest in it and I thought it'd be something I use every now and then, but it's become a go-to couch amp and I use it pretty much daily.
Absolutely. My Spark also doubles as a living room amp. It's just too easy to dial in what you want and sound like you want it to. My tube amps only get used for longer sessions and deeper tone searches (project work) these days.
Same. I've taken to tracking song ideas with the Spark and then just re-recordin' the ones I really want to turn into something with my Hiwatt and pedalboard. Amazing tech these days that I wish I woulda had when I first started!
UrenragK
Reactions:

I'm super happy with the Spark 40, I don't need the mini, but if it's as good on sound as the 40 then it's a winner for sure!
slowhand84
Reactions:

UrenragK wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 3:18 am I'm super happy with the Spark 40, I don't need the mini, but if it's as good on sound as the 40 then it's a winner for sure!
Yeah I just couldnt resist also grabbing the Mini given the price, the utility as a portable bluetooth speaker, and the fact that it's USB rechargeable. I go upstate a lot and it would be awesome to toss into a backpack and take with me so I can jam out in the woods :lol: