PSA: Mooer Hornet Black on sale for $82 Bucks on Amazon!

Discussions by amplifier type.
Bullcat
Reactions:

Just picked up a new Mooer Hornet on Amazon's Cyber Monday sale for $82.60. I like the looks and features and the ease of tweaking without the need for navigating menus. Anyone have any experience with these?
09886ff6-320c-475e-8de5-bf41f934fdfe.862e4c52e697d46e2c76f5626af251be.jpeg
Joined AGF May 11, 2015
Sinster
Reactions:
Gearlist: Many Les Pauls, Couple of Tele's and Strats, a PRS, a EVH Woflgang, a Bass, and Epi Acoustic. Egnater Rebel 20, Tubemeister 18.

You receive it yet?
Bullcat
Reactions:

@Sinster No UPS seems too have lost it. At this point I'm not sure why that surprises me anymore.
Joined AGF May 11, 2015
tobijohn
Reactions:

Well that sucks but I'm sure it will eventually show up. When it does, I'd be curious to know how the 6.5" speaker sounds, thanks...
Delightful mix of insolence, arrogance and narcissism
Republican moderate trapped in a heavy metal chassis
Growing up, only kid in the neighborhood with an Uncle Ahkbar
Lamf77
Reactions:

I have one. It's a great little amp. $85 is a steal.....hopefully it will show soon.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

mozz
Reactions:

I have a feeling most "LOST" packages from Amazon are really stolen. Those warehouse workers or drivers give them as Xmas gifts. I've had it happen a few times and usually a smaller package worth a few hundred dollars. Last week it was a "Fitbit".
AGF refugee
Sinster
Reactions:
Gearlist: Many Les Pauls, Couple of Tele's and Strats, a PRS, a EVH Woflgang, a Bass, and Epi Acoustic. Egnater Rebel 20, Tubemeister 18.

I had a pair of Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro's go missing. FedEx said they delivered them, but my security camera's show not a soul entered my property and plus I was home. Sweetwater sent me out another pair the next day.
honyock
Reactions:

Just got the pink one, they had 15% off and couldn't pass it up. Figure my daughter needs an amp to play her freshly painted hot pink RG style guitar.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

10 years, 2 months, and 8 days of blissful ignorance ruined by that snake in the grass Major Tom.
tobijohn
Reactions:

honyock wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 6:06 pm Just got the pink one, they had 15% off and couldn't pass it up. Figure my daughter needs an amp to play her freshly painted hot pink RG style guitar.
How does that speaker sound to you? Sounds pretty good in this demo video but it's only as good as my PC speakers....

Delightful mix of insolence, arrogance and narcissism
Republican moderate trapped in a heavy metal chassis
Growing up, only kid in the neighborhood with an Uncle Ahkbar
honyock
Reactions:

tobijohn wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 6:22 pm
honyock wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 6:06 pm Just got the pink one, they had 15% off and couldn't pass it up. Figure my daughter needs an amp to play her freshly painted hot pink RG style guitar.
How does that speaker sound to you? Sounds pretty good in this demo video but it's only as good as my PC speakers....

won't know now, for some reason Amazon said the package was undeliverable.
10 years, 2 months, and 8 days of blissful ignorance ruined by that snake in the grass Major Tom.
Flatline
Reactions:

...seems odd that two people have had the same item go missing.
honyock
Reactions:

Flatline wrote:...seems odd that two people have had the same item go missing.
It's been happening more and more with Amazon. I've had 3 items the past 6 months alone.

Tonray's Ghost
Reactions:

I've had the Moore white hornet for a couple years now. Fantastic little amp and truthfully when paired with my Valeton multi effects pedal, it has quenched my gas for a small tube amp..every time I had gassed for a small valve unit, I sit down and dial in stuff so good that I really don't need another box for a small practice area.
IMG_20220710_114050.jpg
jtcnj
Reactions:

honyock wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 12:23 am
Flatline wrote:...seems odd that two people have had the same item go missing.
It's been happening more and more with Amazon. I've had 3 items the past 6 months alone.

Just got a "your package has been lost" Amazon email for the MG Chemicals shielding paint I ordered.
Doesn't seem like something that would have appeal to a thief, unless they know what it is.
It is expensive.
Old AGF since Feb. 2015; refugee of the Great MOMO Purge of May 2020.
honyock
Reactions:

Well, Prime Day swayed me to try buying it again. Was only $95. The Pink has a mix of models vintage and modern, so hopefully it will give her plenty of room to play around as she learns. Worst case we just use it as a bluetooth speaker and I steal it on occasion for Craiglist sales and whatnot should someone want to try a guitar before they buy (hooked up to a power converter in the trunk of my car...)
Tiga
Reactions:

Never saw one of these before. How do hey compare to the Roland Micro Cube?
Tonray's Ghost
Reactions:

Tiga wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 11:22 am Never saw one of these before. How do hey compare to the Roland Micro Cube?
I only had a very old Roland Cube 80 back in the day...25 years ago. I remember it being very loud, very very loud for a SS amp. The newer ones I played a few years back in a guitar store and I was put off by the amount of background hiss (not 60 cycle hum) that the amp produced. The Mooer is pretty much dead quiet. Not crazy about the effects on the Mooer but with a multi pedal and the right settings it can do wonderful things.
Tiga
Reactions:

This is the microcube I'm referring to:
https://www.musiciansfriend.com/amplifi ... gLT7vD_BwE

This Mooer appears to be of similar vein. I own the microcube now and really like it and it is also very quiet. The Mooer has a larger speaker and a lower price. Can the Mooer be powered by batteries?
Tonray's Ghost
Reactions:

Tiga wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 9:14 am This is the microcube I'm referring to:
https://www.musiciansfriend.com/amplifi ... gLT7vD_BwE

This Mooer appears to be of similar vein. I own the microcube now and really like it and it is also very quiet. The Mooer has a larger speaker and a lower price. Can the Mooer be powered by batteries?
Not able to be powered by batteries