Some Expensive Boxes Just Showed Up

Discussions by amplifier type.
RockYoWorld
Reactions:

I wonder what's inside...
image.png
If I had something witty to say, I'd put it here.
RockYoWorld
Reactions:

I finally got my Axe FX II XL+ presets to where I love them, so it's obviously time to spend way too much money to do it all over again! Also, I get these pedal board cases from Rondo. Very cheap price but work great with some modifications.
image.png
image.png
image.png
Milkman
Reactions:

Nice! I expect we won’t hear from you in a while as you dive down the sub-menu rabbit hole?
"Everything works if you let it." - Travis W. Redfish

Joined AGF April 10, 2013
uwmcscott
Reactions:
Gearlist: A few LP's, a Strat, a Tele and a few acoustics.

Looks like you need a bigger rack ;-) Or does the new head replace multiple devices in the old system?

I am sure there is a method to all the madness, but I have to say it looks like a pretty intimidating/complex setup from an uneducated user.
AGF Survivor Champ Emeritus (Ask TVVoodoo )
redman
Reactions:
Gearlist: Gibson LP, Agile PS900, SX Tele, SX Strat, PRS SE Zach Myers Yamaha FGX830c, Yamaha LL16, Yamaha LL26, Eastman E10D, Tobias Bass, Squire CV 60's P Bass

My Zoom MS-50G was next to me when I opened this thread and it took off somewhere and hid. :lol:

Seriously though that's two very impressive impressive rigs WOW!! Congrats on the new gear definitely a two thumbs up score.
aullucci
Reactions:

That looks like you can basically get every tone you want whenever you want it. Pretty mind blowing

Do you run it through a regular cab, or monitors?
RockYoWorld
Reactions:

uwmcscott wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 4:28 pm Looks like you need a bigger rack ;-) Or does the new head replace multiple devices in the old system?

I am sure there is a method to all the madness, but I have to say it looks like a pretty intimidating/complex setup from an uneducated user.
I moved the Axe FX II XL+ to my desk. I've got some great tones in it and will still use it. Just importing my AxeFX 2 presets into AxeFX 3 using FracTool produces much different results. I'll likely switch amp models I use since the Engl amp I used on the 2 has some nasty high frequencies.

I'm currently re-printing the wireless mount to go underneath it since I accidentally cracked it when playing with it.

On my gig rig, I moved the power conditioner to the back. The Axe FX 3 is shallower than the Axe FX 2 so it lets me get away with that.
image.png
image.png
image.png
RockYoWorld
Reactions:

aullucci wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 10:49 pm That looks like you can basically get every tone you want whenever you want it. Pretty mind blowing

Do you run it through a regular cab, or monitors?
At home, I have Yamaha HS8 monitors connected to my audio interface. For gigs, I go direct to FOH and we each get our own In-Ear-Monitor mix wirelessly through a Shure PDM bodypack. I use Westone UM30 IEMs.
RockYoWorld
Reactions:

Milkman wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 3:59 pm Nice! I expect we won’t hear from you in a while as you dive down the sub-menu rabbit hole?
I thought I could start off by just importing my old patches using FracTool. I was wrong. The results are not the same. I've got A LOT of tweaking to do just to get to my main 3 patches ready for our next gig on June 12. I may have committed too early by replacing the unit in the portable rack...

EDIT: Just realized that I will be out of town for work and vacation all next week so I have til Sunday night to get the rig gig-ready.
RockYoWorld
Reactions:

I know you all are dying to know that I had to upgrade my rack. Went from a normal 4U SKB rack to a Shallow 6U SKB rack so I could add an IEM transmitter. I recently joined an original band and needed my own IEM system. The cover band I've played in for 7 years supplies the IEMs. The patch bay I have in the back allows me to quickly and easily plug in whatever I need for whatever group I'm playing with.

I also picked up the carbon fiber FRFR cab also shown. I won't need it often, but every now and then, I play with a group that has another guitar player that has a cab on stage. It's nice to also have stage volume in those instances. Depending on the gig, I may not want the IEM and just bring my FM9 rig then.

I'll have to find a new way of packing the trunk of my car with all my gear and our bassist's gear with the taller rack, but the Shallow 6U rack is actually less volume than the normal 4U rack!
image.png
image.png
image.png
andrewsrea
Reactions:
Gearlist: 28 Guitars: (2) basses, (2) acoustics, (3) hollow bodies, (3) Semi hollow, (1) Double-neck, (17) Solid-bodies

Looks like you need an FAA license to operate that! Enjoy!
Live life to the fullest! - Rob