PRS MT100, DSL40C, and a Mezzabarba Trinity 100W all in one week.

Discussions by amplifier type.
golem
Reactions:

8 days technically.
Had a Friedman SS100 I got at a great price, traded it for the Trinity 100W. This amp insanely versatile with the negative feedback and depth controls. I'd easily pick this up over a SLO100 or the Friedmans I've owned (BE100 and SS100).

Sometime that week I picked up a DSL40C with an EVM Black Label in it, a Vintage 30 in a box, a pedalboard, extra loose pedals, an acoustic 4X10 Bass cab as a package deal. It was biased horribly, but @andrewsrea showed me how to bias it and sorted me out (he did all the work really but showed me how it was done). I bought a cab to put the EVM in put the Vintage 30 in the DSL40C. While the 40C is the worst amp I own, that's because I'm lucky to have better amps and not because it's objectively terrible.

PRS MT100 was really the revelation though. The clean channel I've heard people compare to their favorite blackface twin. The overdrive channel is based on Mark's favorite ODS, and the gain channel is no joke either. Most demos focus on the high gain tones out of this, but even setting the highest gain channel on it's lowest gain settings gives you an amazingly touch sensitive gain. The Trinity is far more versatile, but I sold it for more than 3X what I paid for the MT100 and it's not 3X better. The Mezza might cover the ground of 3 of your favorite amps though.
golem
Reactions:

Honestly the Trinity can get some gain with PAF type pickups and no boost on the clean channel. Shawn's demo here is probably the demo with the least amount of gain used. Most demos of this are for metal.

MT100 has no boost, I can only get the slightest hint of overdrive using PAF type pickups on the clean channel. How he gets any crunch on that channel is just funny to me.
andrewsrea
Reactions:
Gearlist: 28 Guitars: (2) basses, (2) acoustics, (3) hollow bodies, (3) Semi hollow, (1) Double-neck, (17) Solid-bodies

You certainly come across nice amplifiers and guitars!

Any interest in a Marshall JCM 2000 TSL100 head or know someone who does? Someone wants to trade me for Chiris' Kramer 'The 84' guitar.
Live life to the fullest! - Rob
golem
Reactions:

andrewsrea wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 3:55 pm You certainly come across nice amplifiers and guitars!

Any interest in a Marshall JCM 2000 TSL100 head or know someone who does? Someone wants to trade me for Chiris' Kramer 'The 84' guitar.
You're selling that Kramer for like $630? I'd at least be curious to try it and flip it if I didn't love it at that price.