Incoming: Rafferty semi-hollow

BatUtilityBelt
Reactions:

I've never heard of the Rafferty guitar brand, but this guitar caught my eye this morning. I'm just a sucker for a maple flame top double cut semi-hollow and the risk-it brand new price was low. I checked out the reverb seller (Raff Guitars), and they have happy buyers (4.9 out of 5 stars across 416 reviews). Their web site is sparse. All things considered though, it looked worthy of taking a risk on an unknown. They say their guitars are made by a company that makes a lot of well known brands, so there's a handful of possibilities there. They did have decent pictures.
2.jpg
3.jpg
10.jpg
9.jpg
I don't know much beyond the basics, but I can follow up after it arrives and let you know how the brand compares. There's only even 1 YouTube video I could find referencing the brand, so this is very early. But maybe, just maybe, it could be another Agile.
andrewsrea
Reactions:
Gearlist: 28 Guitars: (2) basses, (2) acoustics, (3) hollow bodies, (3) Semi hollow, (1) Double-neck, (17) Solid-bodies

I really like the whole aesthetic! I have not heard of the brand and would be interested in your review. What was the price point?
Live life to the fullest! - Rob
tobijohn
Reactions:

andrewsrea wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 11:27 am I really like the whole aesthetic! I have not heard of the brand and would be interested in your review. What was the price point?
https://reverb.com/shop/raff-guitars?pr ... ic-guitars
Delightful mix of insolence, arrogance and narcissism
Republican moderate trapped in a heavy metal chassis
Growing up, only kid in the neighborhood with an Uncle Ahkbar
BatUtilityBelt
Reactions:

andrewsrea wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 11:27 am I really like the whole aesthetic! I have not heard of the brand and would be interested in your review. What was the price point?
Yeah, I could not resist that look (kinda like Malcolm Young in a tuxedo?). It was $275 brand new. That's Agile/SX/Douglas pricing. They say they have 1 righty of the same model, each being a one of a kind if you count dexterity.
tlarson58
Reactions:
Gearlist: A tele, a bass and a bunch of other stuff.

I like it. Please follow up with a review.
Tommy Larson
Steamboat Springs, CO
andrewsrea
Reactions:
Gearlist: 28 Guitars: (2) basses, (2) acoustics, (3) hollow bodies, (3) Semi hollow, (1) Double-neck, (17) Solid-bodies

Let me know how the neck feels. Imports are coming in lately with a flatter fretboard radius than I like.
Tiga
Reactions:

andrewsrea wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 10:08 am Let me know how the neck feels. Imports are coming in lately with a flatter fretboard radius than I like.
I've noticed this too - my latest IYV Mosrite guitar is coming in around 16". It's ok but I'd prefer a little more round.
BatUtilityBelt
Reactions:

andrewsrea wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 10:08 am Let me know how the neck feels. Imports are coming in lately with a flatter fretboard radius than I like.
The neck is comfortable to me. It's not a baseball bat or super thin, somewhere right between. The fretboard radius is 16" across the entire fretboard.
andrewsrea
Reactions:

BatUtilityBelt wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 9:55 am The fretboard radius is 16" across the entire fretboard.
Too flat for me! Thanks for he review!
tobijohn
Reactions:

I forgot to ask earlier, where was the guitar manufactured? TIA...
Delightful mix of insolence, arrogance and narcissism
Republican moderate trapped in a heavy metal chassis
Growing up, only kid in the neighborhood with an Uncle Ahkbar
BatUtilityBelt
Reactions:

tobijohn wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 7:08 pm I forgot to ask earlier, where was the guitar manufactured? TIA...
There's no indication anywhere on it. I'm wildly guessing China, but the guitar doesn't even have a serial number, let alone a model tag. The box gave me no clues either.