Umeda Tele Style with mini hum $205

Tonray's Ghost
Reactions:

Hmm..this looks interesting

Wilkinson Hardware / Pickups

Playing demo begins at 4:42.

I like the matte finish and the mini hum. And the price is right...

Simiar but with full Wilkinson Humbuckers and Coil split switch: $220

Have to visit this shop and see what's up !
Tiga
Reactions:

The old SX headstock!
Tonray's Ghost
Reactions:

Tiga wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 12:43 pm The old SX headstock!
Uh,,,are you saying these could be SX "Lawsuit" guitars ? :lol: :lol:
golem
Reactions:

Honestly the first looks like an Ibanez AZS. Is their a budget version of the AZS?
Tonray's Ghost
Reactions:

golem wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 6:17 pm Honestly the first looks like an Ibanez AZS. Is their a budget version of the AZS?
Yeah...there is of course very little in the way of true innovation in guitar forms these days..every upstart company has their S type, their T type, their LP type, their 33x type, and so on and so on.

I'm just wondering if in a million years when they unearth ruins of our civilization what they'll make of landfills littered with Strat and Tele clones.
tonebender
Reactions:
Gearlist: Fav: Gibson LP and Gibson Goldtone Amp. Other gear: Gretsch, Peavey, Taylor and more.

Tonray's Ghost wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 6:36 pm ......I'm just wondering if in a million years when they unearth ruins of our civilization what they'll make of landfills littered with Strat and Tele clones.
I have never understood all the Fender copies either because you have been able to get a MIM Fender cheap for decades. Why not just get the real thing.
"Will follow through with a transaction when the terms are agreed upon" almightybunghole
golem
Reactions:

Tonray's Ghost wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 6:36 pm
Yeah...there is of course very little in the way of true innovation in guitar forms these days..every upstart company has their S type, their T type, their LP type, their 33x type, and so on and so on.

I'm just wondering if in a million years when they unearth ruins of our civilization what they'll make of landfills littered with Strat and Tele clones.
If termites are around, they'll be gone far faster than that.
Tonray's Ghost
Reactions:

golem wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 9:24 am
Tonray's Ghost wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 6:36 pm

If termites are around, they'll be gone far faster than that.
Termites prefer tonewood
idiotsdelight
Reactions:

The Firefly headstock looks like the Furrian to my eyes. Firefly tries to hide it by flipping it upside down on the baritone.

I was just eyeballing the 22"scale travel teles for a whopping $85. Could just drop a real FB pickup in that.