May 2024 be the year of the New Guitar

Tonray's Ghost
Reactions:

After much hand wringing and number crunching I have finally decided on 2 new guitars for 2024:

Hopefully the Gretsch G2604T for my birthday (as it's a limited edition and here may disappear at a moment's notice) in July and the Yammie for Christmas. Originally had planned an Epiphone Sheraton with mini hums but just could not stomach the gold hardware after seeing one in person. If that had brushed nickel hardware It would already be on the wall. This model satisfies my vintage retro leanings and my need for a semi hollow.

The other thing was the Yamaha I upgraded my choice from the Element to the Standard (even with my level of playing not making much difference) but the aesthetics of a 'keeper' guitar are such that I want no regrets.

Dropped the Silvertone simply because I wanted the upgraded Yamaha and budegtary concerns rule here. Eventually once I fix the wiring in the Gold Top P90 LP clone I might try and sell that and then reconsider something else. We'll see, but this year come hell or high water (and in Thailand we are subject to both in different seasons) these 2 go on the wall.

2806104563_gre_ins_frt_1_rr.png
Revstar.png
tonebender
Reactions:
Gearlist: Fav: Gibson LP and Gibson Goldtone Amp. Other gear: Gretsch, Peavey, Taylor and more.

A couple of good choices. I love both brands. Those Revstars just look they would be real players. Some guitars do not feel at home then some feel like you are wielding an axe. The latter are the ones I like and the Revstar seems to be on those guitars.
"Will follow through with a transaction when the terms are agreed upon" almightybunghole
Tonray's Ghost
Reactions:

tonebender wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 9:49 pm A couple of good choices. I love both brands. Those Revstars just look they would be real players. Some guitars do not feel at home then some feel like you are wielding an axe. The latter are the ones I like and the Revstar seems to be on those guitars.
Agree 100% although a Revstar in candy apple red would have been nice too. But such are the choices of corporate bigwigs. The Gretsch has the Super Hilo'Trons which I really like vs the broadtrons which are a bit boring IMHO