Help with decision on a new Gretsch streamliner

Grey full size with trem or walnut Jr with stop tail ?

Grey full size with bigsby and gig bag
20%
Walnut Jr size no bigsby no gig bag
80%

Total votes: 5
Buddha Pickups
Reactions:

Trying to decide between 2 Gretsches and was seeing if I could be talked into going 1 direction or the other.

Both low end streamliners with pickups I'd probably swap anyway as I assume they are cheap artec tron clones.

One is a full size 2622t in gunmetal grey, with a bigsby. I like the full size and the bigsby option but not crazy about the color. This color is a lot cheaper than the other colors in this style and I'm not paying 549 for one. Comes with a gig bag.
Screenshot_20231107_143757_Brave.jpg
The other is the smaller 2655 Jr with no bigsby but in a finish I like alot better, a walnut stain. I have another full size gretsch with p90s with a bigsby so this one checks the other gretsch itch of one of their Jr's in a finish I like...but I realize the full size in grey is a lot more guitar for the same coin as this one.
Screenshot_20231107_160511_Brave.jpg
Talk me up on one or the other :)
Partscaster
Reactions:

I voted for the Bigsby because I love tremolo, but I immediately reconsider cause one can get other trem type...even the GFS stoptail screw tremolo works well with little sticky pads to keep back end from being cantilevered in air on arched tops.
Bigsby's do change tone..perhaps in a good way. Those deusenberg les trems are pretty clear, and so are cheap GFS.
There's a good vid comparing guitar tone w/wo Bigsby. I think it might have smoothed out the tone a bit. I love my two Bigsby setups, and my deusenberg , and the 2 gfs ones too but had to modify back end with sticky pads/furniture floor protectors, etc.

I'd go for smaller natural finish...but its tone might not be like bigger...like 339 vs 335. But then you might make an airy pickup to suit. Big mags, super low wind, unpotted ?? I'm just guessing, ofcourse.
"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted."
ILuvTeles
Reactions:

The obvious answer is to get them both!

If you insist on only getting one (& forever lamenting not also getting the other one) I would go with the Walnut Jr. You will be drawn to playing it because you like the looks. Plus it gives you more variety with the other Gretsch that you have.
tonebender
Reactions:
Gearlist: Fav: Gibson LP and Gibson Goldtone Amp. Other gear: Gretsch, Peavey, Taylor and more.

I have this one and you are welcome to it for a really swell price to a bro and fellow forumite. It has GfW Retrotrons and it gig worthy.
Gretsch 2.jpg
Gretsch 1 (2).jpg
"Will follow through with a transaction when the terms are agreed upon" almightybunghole
Buddha Pickups
Reactions:

tonebender wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 5:35 pm I have this one and you are welcome to it for a really swell price to a bro and fellow forumite. It has GfW Retrotrons and it gig worthy.

Gretsch 2.jpg
Gretsch 1 (2).jpg
That's a great color too
I assume you probably have more in to it then what the 2 I'm debating over are going for though..They are 279 vs 271 respectively.
You need a couple sets of pickups 😀
tonebender
Reactions:
Gearlist: Fav: Gibson LP and Gibson Goldtone Amp. Other gear: Gretsch, Peavey, Taylor and more.

I sent you an email. I was thinking $300 shipped but that would not save you any money. Oh well, now that I have this 335 the Gretsch is expendable.
"Will follow through with a transaction when the terms are agreed upon" almightybunghole
tonebender
Reactions:

I sent you an email. I was thinking $300 shipped but that would not save you any money. Oh well, now that I have this 335 the Gretsch is expendable.

It is a wonderful guitar and I probably should have mentioned the as a top contender in the great guitar for little coin in the thread by Sabas.
honyock
Reactions:

I'd vote for the Whiskey barrel finish or whatever they call it

It looks so good in person.
20220306_134149.jpg
10 years, 2 months, and 8 days of blissful ignorance ruined by that snake in the grass Major Tom.