Vanden-back!

Rollin Hand
Reactions:

It appears Peavey is bringing back the Vandenberg, but this time with stainless frets and a Floyd (so no scrounging for Kahler Spider parts).

Paging @PsychoCid ....

Now we know it will likely be made by their partner in the Czech republic, and it will cost too much, but...yeah, kinda excited about this.

And I am also glad they are doing this with Adrian Vandenberg's input and support.
"I'm not a sore loser. It's just that I prefer to win, and when I don't, I get furious."
- Ron Swanson
toomanycats
Reactions:

As I'm watching this I'm thinking to myself, "My God! Adrian Vandenberg and Arnold Schwarzenegger are morphing into each other!"

I could spend a loooong time amusing myself giving Adrain quotes to recite:

"I'll be back."
"Get to the chopper."
"Come with me if you want to live."

I wonder how much he'd charge for that? We could just do it through zoom call or something. :lol:

BTW, I've always considered my USA Peavey Tracer something like a poor man's Vandenberg. Awesome neck on that guitar.
“There are only two means of refuge from the miseries of life: Music and Cats!” Albert Schweitzer
Rollin Hand
Reactions:

"Listen to me now, and believe me later..."

Vandys are in the "I wish I had money when Nirvana hit" category of guitars. Like the $800 Jem 777DY I had to pass up because I was a broke student.

A friend in high school played one when shopping for an amp. The salesman said "careful you don't fall in love with the guitar." He did, but he only had cash for an amp.
"I'm not a sore loser. It's just that I prefer to win, and when I don't, I get furious."
- Ron Swanson
andrewsrea
Reactions:
Gearlist: 28 Guitars: (2) basses, (2) acoustics, (3) hollow bodies, (3) Semi hollow, (1) Double-neck, (17) Solid-bodies

I've been noticing a slow but steady resurgence in late 80's early 90's Super-super Strats, like this and Jacksons, Charvels, Kramers, etc.
Live life to the fullest! - Rob
Rollin Hand
Reactions:

andrewsrea wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 4:03 pm I've been noticing a slow but steady resurgence in late 80's early 90's Super-super Strats, like this and Jacksons, Charvels, Kramers, etc.
They seem to realise that some of us want to relive our misspent youths, and have the cash to do so.
- Ron Swanson
Rollin Hand
Reactions:

- Ron Swanson
jhull54
Reactions:

I got to see Vandenberg as support for KISS on their Lick It Up tour in early 84. The bill was Riot-->Vandenberg-->KISS.

AV was ridiculously good that night. They were supporting Heading For A Storm, and kicked ass pretty heavily.
Rollin Hand
Reactions:

I always thought he got the short end of the stick. He gets the Whitesnake gig, then his hand swells up, and he has to contend with being relegated to a but of an also-ran with Steve Vai coming in as the conquering hero. Then Coverdale disbands Whitesnake.
- Ron Swanson