Ibanez AS83 revisit

fatjack
Reactions:

This I won off Ebay for under $250 shipped. 2004 violinburst AS83 which they quit making in lefty for awhile.It was a pawnshop special from eastern NC. My major issue was it shipped with a huge backbow for some reason but I straightened it out and it settled in nicely. The pups are ceramic which aren't as warm as my Agiles but I like them in her as I play different on it. It does not have a wizard neck, it's a thinnish c shape. Slightly thinner than say an Agile AL neck but not much thinner. Very capable of jazz to Beatles / British Invasion to blues.A magnet swap to alnicos would warm it up but am happy with what's in there. Honestly it's tied for second with my AL 3100.
Attachments
1201181339.jpg
odrexzlxltqkps8kdmqu.jpg
odrexzlxltqkps8kdmqu.jpg (58.68 KiB) Viewed 322 times
RiverDog
Reactions:

fatjack wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 2:33 pm This I won off Ebay for under $250 shipped. 2004 violinburst AS83 which they quit making in lefty for awhile.It was a pawnshop special from eastern NC. My major issue was it shipped with a huge backbow for some reason but I straightened it out and it settled in nicely. The pups are ceramic which aren't as warm as my Agiles but I like them in her as I play different on it. It does not have a wizard neck, it's a thinnish c shape. Slightly thinner than say an Agile AL neck but not much thinner. Very capable of jazz to Beatles / British Invasion to blues.A magnet swap to alnicos would warm it up but am happy with what's in there. Honestly it's tied for second with my AL 3100.
That's gorgeous! And what a great price. Congrats. Glad you got the neck bow sorted.

I have an AS73 which I love. I recently replaced the ceramic magnets with A4s and I couldn't be happier. Just a heads up if you go that route, I learned when I was hunting for magnets that there are shorter ones and longer ones (I forget the dimensions). I ordered the longer ones but should have bought the shorter ones for a better fit. I still got them installed and they're fine but FYI.
Aaron
---------------
"What is perfect pitch?"
"Perfect pitch is when you toss a banjo into the dumpster, it hits an accordion and they both break."
SamIV
Reactions:

Great guitar and very easy to play for some reason. I have one up until recently, but sold it a week ago because I rarely played it. It sounded great and played so well, but I just could not get used to the size of it. You got a great price on it. The neck is a little slimmer than all the other Ibanez semi-hollows which was a plus for me. Hope you enjoy it. A pickup change does wonder for it.