Saein/Shine, Unsung: what happened to them? When did they shut down?

dzello
Reactions:
Gearlist: Agile AL-2000
Douglas SI-13
Yamaha Pacifica 112J
Ibanez GSR200
Brice HXB 6
Yamaha F325D
Jay Turser JT200

Hi,

Having 3 guitars made by Saein (A 6 strings Brice bass, a Douglas Si-13 and an Agile AL-2000), I was surprised to find out that the plant shut down a few years ago. Un-sung also disappeared. I was really surprised because they also had factories in China. Looks like a big chunk of Korea's guitars brands was wiped down. Samick and Cort are still around.

Do anyone knows more about what happened there? They were bought up, bankrupt? South Korean won is stable since 2009. Currency fluctuation doesn't seem to be the cause of it.

I know Rondo discontinued many models because of this. He's probably selling the Agile brand because it's getting harder and harder to compete with Thomann without these manufacturers. Big factories in China probably ask for more volume than what Kurt's able to sell.
mickey
Reactions:

Saein went belly up more than 5 years ago. I really hated that because they made some really nice hollow body guitars
as well as several great semi-hollows. I'm happy that I got a WNO-630 & a WNO-640. But there were several other models
they made I would have happily bought had they seen fit to make leftys. Perhaps that is why they went belly up:
they never made enough LEFTY's!
Gandalf the Intonationer
Lacking Talent
Reactions:

I'm on the hunt for a WT-440 (or equivalent) at http://aguitarforum.net/viewtopic.php?f ... 8995857fb7.
jam
Reactions:

Saein was fantastic. I had heard that the plant had burned down.
peskypesky
Reactions:

damn shame

they made guitars that gave a ton of bang for the buck
Banned by Momo