The Squier Army

glasshand
Reactions:

No Squiers at this time, but I had a Standard Strat for a while that was really nice - two-point tremolo and everything. Those aren't that easy to find; I have a feeling FMIC intentionally pushes the more low-end Squiers so as not to compete with lower-end Fenders.

Also had a VM Jaguar bass for a while that I still kind of miss, actually.
Mossman
Reactions:

RiverDog wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 11:51 am
Mossman wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:56 am Here's my lovely and well loved CV '50s Tele... Absolutely one of the best guitar purchases I've ever made, and the least modded. I only changed out the switch for a 4-way (gotta have that series action!), but otherwise, it's perfect.
Very nice. The (original) CV series is probably the best thing that ever happened in the affordable guitar space. Amazing quality.
Yeah, I thought Fender was kinda shooting themselves in the foot with these CVs. When I discovered them, I was actually shopping around for a '52 RI and a luthier friend of mine strongly recommended I check out the CV. I had never seriously considered buying a Squier before that... Obviously, I'm not a guitar snob, but I had just never seen a Squier that stirred up any desire in me up to that point. Also, I was still in my honeymoon with Telecasters, and I didn't want another project. I just really wanted a "nice" Tele. Not something that I built myself, or had to extensively mod to make it nice. And I wanted something "traditional" and "old-school" (and around $1,000). But I eventually A/B'd the '52 RI against the CV at Guitar Center one day, and the Squier was by far the more exciting guitar to play! It felt more comfortable and sounded more "alive" than the '52. My only minor complaint about the CV is; I wish the neck had a little more girth to it, but it doesn't cause me any trouble, and it's a lot more comfortable than the 'U' shaped baseball bat on the '52. The CV is a "nice" guitar, and it's not a project... So that's a win-win to me, and I saved some bread to spend on... my next Tele build. :lol:
Finally escaping the People's Republic of Kalifornia!

BANNED BY MOMO