GFS Ash Guitars

Razzle
Reactions:
Gearlist: 2010 AL-2000 Goldtop Floyd
2013 AL-3200 Purple Quilt Floyd semi-custom
2017 AL-3100mcc Lemonburst Quilt Floyd

I've kinda had a hankering for a stained ash guitar but haven't found a purple one. I happened on GFS' site and found a "Indigo" ash, I asked them and they're purple even though indigo suggests blue.

Does anyone have any experience with any of these ash guitars from GFS?

I might bite on one, although my experience with them on returns is challenging.

Slick SL50 Aged Indigo Ash Dual Single-Coil Pickups
https://www.guitarfetish.com/Slick-SL50 ... 44813.html

LancerTheGreat
Reactions:
Gearlist: -Guitars-
Gibson Dave Mustaine Flying V EXP
ESP LTD DV8R Dave Mustaine Signature Model
ESP LTD V401DX
Agile AL3100
Kit Explorer
Jackson JS32RR
TWANG Tele
Samick Strat
Firefly Semi-Hollow Tele
Globe Dove Copy

-Amps-
Orange OR-15 (Head)
EVH 112 (Cabinet)
Bugera 1960 Infinium (Head)
Bugera 412 (Cabinet)
Peavey VTX Classic 212 (Combo)
Laney Mini-ST Lionheart Practice Amp

I dunno about their fully assembled guitars, but the explorer kit I got with the poplar(I think) body was solid, good wood, everything fit together well, has enough weight to it without having so much heft if feels terrible after a few minutes.

If I was in the market, I'd definitely give it a whirl
~Formerly LookingDownTheCross~
Razzle
Reactions:
Gearlist: 2010 AL-2000 Goldtop Floyd
2013 AL-3200 Purple Quilt Floyd semi-custom
2017 AL-3100mcc Lemonburst Quilt Floyd

LancerTheGreat wrote:I dunno about their fully assembled guitars, but the explorer kit I got with the poplar(I think) body was solid, good wood, everything fit together well, has enough weight to it without having so much heft if feels terrible after a few minutes.

If I was in the market, I'd definitely give it a whirl
Yeah I bought a really cool guitar from them once, it was the Les Paul with the Floyd Rose, and it had a maple neck. Really different set of features, and of course it was purple. But the neck was not sealed and I started playing it and the black block inlays started showing black on my fingers within seconds of playing it, and so I didn’t want to turn the Maplewood black and so I returned it. They fought me the whole way although I did finally get it returned. So yeah I think their stuff is definitely decent, I was just curious about the ash Guitar bodies. Thanks
ronnx
Reactions:
Gearlist: Agile, Squier, Ibanez, Italia, Fender., Peavey, Epiphone and Partscasters.

Razzle wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:57 pm I've kinda had a hankering for a stained ash guitar but haven't found a purple one. I happened on GFS' site and found a "Indigo" ash, I asked them and they're purple even though indigo suggests blue.

Does anyone have any experience with any of these ash guitars from GFS?

I might bite on one, although my experience with them on returns is challenging.

Slick SL50 Aged Indigo Ash Dual Single-Coil Pickups
https://www.guitarfetish.com/Slick-SL50 ... 44813.html

Red,orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, violet. Indigo sets between blue and violet . If that helps.
yesca
Reactions:

I think it's a good one. One thing abut that magazine route on the back. That control plate on the back is flush with the body. There is a route for it. Some dumbass (not Jay's fault)made sure the pics look like that. I'd throw a tone pot in that and go for it.
BrianSkeezer
Reactions:

I bought the Slick SL51 in aged Ocean Turquois after @CyFan here got a Strat style. https://aguitarforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2496

I didn't do a NGD post, but like his experience, I didn't have to do too much. In fact, I don't think I've even changed the strings on it yet. The only issue I have is that the neck plate needs the edges filed. I really like the guitar. I ordered a hardshell case with mine for the $10 off and the guitar was packed inside for some extra protection. The case is pretty nice too, and I've since ordered another for the Jazzmaster style guitar I made last summer. If you have any specific questions, I'm happy to try to answer them for you.
jam
Reactions:

I think somebody on here bought one and modded it too, maybe @TVvoodoo ?
I think he had issues with the inset bridge.

Of all the models on that site, this tele is the one that appeals to me. And I like that purple too.
TVvoodoo
Reactions:

jam wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 7:01 pm I think somebody on here bought one and modded it too, maybe @TVvoodoo ?
I think he had issues with the inset bridge.

Of all the models on that site, this tele is the one that appeals to me. And I like that purple too.
Nope, not me... I think maybe that was rmfloyd, or perhaps @Floridian FX or maybe @rrobbone ?

I remember more the headstock logo joke of it appearing like a giant erection. Definitely @Floridian FX
Endless source of eye-rolling dad jokes, aspiring empty-nester, custom strap-maker https://reverb.com/ca/shop/well-hung-guitar-accessories
PsychoCid
Reactions:

I had that exact Slick Tele thing in black, purchased from an AGF member.

It was pretty nice.
PsychoCid
Reactions:

What I remember now is the neck was a bit thin for a Tele, and the radius was flattish.

So originally I wanted to swap that for a more Fender style neck shape. But I ended up purging most of my guitars instead heh.

Aside from that it was a pretty good quality rig. The body was on the heavy side. Pickups were nice. And all the heavy brass hardware worked great.
RiverDog
Reactions:

PsychoCid wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 7:57 am I had that exact Slick Tele thing in black, purchased from an AGF member.

It was pretty nice.
And then you sold it to me. :D I liked that guitar but I later ended up letting it go in a trade or sale, I forget which. I liked the brass bridge and tuners. It was a pretty smooth-playing guitar for what it was.
Aaron
---------------
"What is perfect pitch?"
"Perfect pitch is when you toss a banjo into the dumpster, it hits an accordion and they both break."
Floridian FX
Reactions:

Floridian FX
Reactions:

hard to believe that was 8 years ago. Would have been way easier just to link the thread. Thanks MOMO.
PsychoCid
Reactions:

Floridian FX wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 7:45 am Image

Dang that's an improvement.
jam
Reactions:

Floridian FX wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 7:48 am hard to believe that was 8 years ago. Would have been way easier just to link the thread. Thanks MOMO.
Oh yeah! That's it! Nice...
Tiga
Reactions:

I really like that recessed bridge. The saddles look to be adjustable but can't see how you intonate?
PsychoCid
Reactions:

Tiga wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 11:58 am I really like that recessed bridge. The saddles look to be adjustable but can't see how you intonate?
If I recall there's a lock screw on each saddle.

You unscrew it, can move the saddle, then can tighten it again.
rrobbone
Reactions:

"Not I," said the cat.
"What is this place? Where am I?"