New PRS SE Hollowbody II Piezo

Don Tonberry
Reactions:

Just got announced today. It looks stunning however the price tag seems pretty high. I think there are a couple of similar offerings out there but right now only the Schecter C-1 E/A comes to mind and thats a bit cheaper for about 2/3s the price.

https://www.prsguitars.com/electrics/mo ... piezo_2020
https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail ... acock-blue
toomanycats
Reactions:

Beautiful guitar. Looks kinda like what my Ibanez AS93FM Violin Burst would if it had a PRS body.

The price does seem totally wonky for a MIK instrument. It is made in Korea, correct? Maybe Indonesia?
“There are only two means of refuge from the miseries of life: Music and Cats!” Albert Schweitzer
toomanycats
Reactions:

Just answered my own question. $1,549 is the most expensive Chinese made electric guitar I've ever seen.

prs.jpeg
“There are only two means of refuge from the miseries of life: Music and Cats!” Albert Schweitzer
Flatline
Reactions:

For that price I'm buying something MIA.
Don Tonberry
Reactions:

toomanycats wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:39 am Just answered my own question. $1,549 is the most expensive Chinese made electric guitar I've ever seen.

prs.jpeg
Yikes, I knew they moved a lot of their production from WMI to Cor-Tek Indonesia but didn't realize some of these upper end models were made by Cor-Tek China. Even the aforementioned Schecter is still made by WMI in Korea. I also realized this is right in S2 territory. This pricing is really confusing me now
toomanycats
Reactions:

Don Tonberry wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:10 am
toomanycats wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:39 am Just answered my own question. $1,549 is the most expensive Chinese made electric guitar I've ever seen.

prs.jpeg
Yikes, I knew they moved a lot of their production from WMI to Cor-Tek Indonesia but didn't realize some of these upper end models were made by Cor-Tek China. Even the aforementioned Schecter is still made by WMI in Korea. I also realized this is right in S2 territory. This pricing is really confusing me now
Having played really great Squier Classic Vibe instruments, Fender Modern Players Series instruments, Epiphones, and others all made in China, I for one am convinced that they can make high quality guitars. You're right though about the pricing being confusing. That's MIJ or MIA pricing for a MIC guitar, no matter how good it is. Maybe this is an experiment to see what the consumer will pay for quality, regardless of where it's made. Of course I'm assuming here that the guitar is high quality. For that price, made in China, it had better be flawless, the best materials, the best craftsmanship, a hit out of the park
Gergo
Reactions:

Here is a good review of it. Looks amazing. I have no problem with it being made in China. Considering that the MIA version is anywhere from 6k-8k, the price for these seems fairly reasonable.

My playing is always better after some good beer