Just Acquired A 2007 PRS SE ONE. Any Love For This Guitar Here?

CyFan152
Reactions:
Gearlist: Fender Lincoln Brewster Strat
PRS CU-22 Semi Hollow
Ampeg Reverberocket

I don't have a ONE but my CU22 Semi hollow SE is so nice playing, feeling, sounding and looking that I couldn't (wouldn't) consider getting rid of it. I did replace the electronics, other than the pups, and it made a luscious difference. Being an 07 yours is WMI? It's gorgeous!
toomanycats
Reactions:

Cyfan4036 wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:16 pm I don't have a ONE but my CU22 Semi hollow SE is so nice playing, feeling, sounding and looking that I couldn't (wouldn't) consider getting rid of it. I did replace the electronics, other than the pups, and it made a luscious difference. Being an 07 yours is WMI? It's gorgeous!
Yes, built by World Musical Instruments.

Very interesting recent article on WMIC below. Agile and Rondo are mentioned.

https://killerguitarrigs.com/world-musi ... nts-korea/
“There are only two means of refuge from the miseries of life: Music and Cats!” Albert Schweitzer
CyFan152
Reactions:
Gearlist: Fender Lincoln Brewster Strat
PRS CU-22 Semi Hollow
Ampeg Reverberocket

toomanycats wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:16 am
Cyfan4036 wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:16 pm I don't have a ONE but my CU22 Semi hollow SE is so nice playing, feeling, sounding and looking that I couldn't (wouldn't) consider getting rid of it. I did replace the electronics, other than the pups, and it made a luscious difference. Being an 07 yours is WMI? It's gorgeous!
Yes, built by World Musical Instruments.

Very interesting recent article on WMIC below. Agile and Rondo are mentioned.

https://killerguitarrigs.com/world-musi ... nts-korea/
That is interesting. I've played many Indonesian SE's this last year and half and they don't even feel or look the same as the Korean models. I don't care how hard they press me to buy into the dedicated building thing in Indonesia, the Korean made models are better. Period. My belief is that the newer Korean models so closely rivaled the American made units, after electrics upgrades of course, that model differentiation became a bit of a problem. Especially given that the S2 series was no upgrade whatsoever over the Korean models. The Indonesian models are clearly lesser, but still good guitars, than the S2's. Good business model, bad player model. The only real difference between my SE, or most others from WMI, and an American model in my opinion, after tuner and harness upgrades, really just boil down to my neck is maple versus mahogany and my body carve is less intensive. When your eyes are closed, I bet most couldn't tell the difference. Btw, I'm talking Core line here. Private Stock and Wood Library are just sick and works of art!
andrewsrea
Reactions:
Gearlist: 28 Guitars: (2) basses, (2) acoustics, (3) hollow bodies, (3) Semi hollow, (1) Double-neck, (17) Solid-bodies

HNGD, @toomanycats !

I think I played one at a GC and have played a bunch of PRS SE 24's. They are really great guitars. IMHO, PRS = quality. So, any differences between models is where it is made and more available options as you move up in price.

A neighbor just sent back a 2020 Gibson LP Jr. ($1499) which was okay. The SE's that I've come across are IMHO, better.
Live life to the fullest! - Rob
jam
Reactions:

I would love to get my hands on a korina SE One. I think you made a very shrewd deal.
tonebender
Reactions:
Gearlist: Fav: Gibson LP and Gibson Goldtone Amp. Other gear: Gretsch, Peavey, Taylor and more.

I would love that guitar but I only do acoustics these days.
"Will follow through with a transaction when the terms are agreed upon" almightybunghole
toomanycats
Reactions:

tonebender wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:44 am I would love that guitar but I only do acoustics these days.
Not playing your Gibson Les Pauls anymore? Say it ain't so! Why the change?
“There are only two means of refuge from the miseries of life: Music and Cats!” Albert Schweitzer
tonebender
Reactions:
Gearlist: Fav: Gibson LP and Gibson Goldtone Amp. Other gear: Gretsch, Peavey, Taylor and more.

toomanycats wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:25 am
tonebender wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:44 am I would love that guitar but I only do acoustics these days.
Not playing your Gibson Les Pauls anymore? Say it ain't so! Why the change?
4-5 el
I retired from the band. Actually I initiated what I thought would be a 3-6 month break and realized pretty quickly that I did not miss it. I started playing the acoustic more and I found that I enjoyed playing, singing and writing on the acoustic again. I sold much of my gear but I still have several Les Paul's. I really need to get down to about 4-5 electrics. I have too many amps too. I sold several but need to get rid of more.
"Will follow through with a transaction when the terms are agreed upon" almightybunghole
BygDaddy
Reactions:

Love p90s. Great looking guitar.
Sinster
Reactions:
Gearlist: Many Les Pauls, Couple of Tele's and Strats, a PRS, a EVH Woflgang, a Bass, and Epi Acoustic. Egnater Rebel 20, Tubemeister 18.

I can't bond with my PRS.. I keep threatening to wind some pickups for it, but I've been fairly lazy. Even though I haven't bonded with mine doesn't mean that has stopped me at looking at others. PRS One looks hawt!
Lacking Talent
Reactions:

Just acquired an SE Custom Semi-Hollow and an SE Tremonti, both from 2009. Am pretty-pretty-pretty happy, and totally get why @toomanycats is so satisfied with the swap that landed him the SE One in the OP above!